Friday, September 17, 2010

But Who Will Play Shemp?

The Baltimore Sun ran this picture of Bob Ehrlich getting his hair cut at the Dundalk barber shop where he's supposedly been going for more than 30 years.

Um, is it just me, or does the way his hair is combed and the expression on his face kind of evoke the legendary Moe Howard of "Three Stooges" fame?

Anyone who knows me will tell you I like taking famous movies and recasting them with people from my life. It's a fun little intellectual exercise.

So, for fun's sake, if we're recasting the Stooges and Ehrlich plays Moe, campaign simian Greg Massoni is a natural choice to play Curley. Physically he looks the part, and happens to have many real life stooge qualities he can bring to the role.

As for Larry, how about hapless campaign spokesman Andy Barth? He'd have to grow his hair a little, but the pummeling he has taken from the political press and the O'Malley campaign during his shaky tenure as campaign spokesman prepared him well for Moe-style slaps upside his head.

Hmmmm....maybe I need to cast the Marx Brothers next. I need to think that over, but I'm pretty sure Paul Schurick would play Groucho. Trust me...I mean that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment