Monday, December 6, 2010

Barack Obama And "Superfluous"

As my recent blog posting about Sarah Palin mixing up North and South Korea irked some of my Republican readers, in the interest of balance I decided to blog this clip of President Obama screwing up the word "superfluous" in a recent speech.

I'm amazed that the mainstream media even reported it. But what really fascinates me here is the irony of President Obama mangling this particular word, especially in light of the Democrats' diminished numbers in Congress and state houses across the country.

I still remember Bill Clinton asserting his continued "relevance" in government at a 1995 White House press conference shortly after the GOP took control of Congress. Will Obama now be accused of having a "superfluous" presidency? If so, let's hope he practices the word a few times before he starts rebutting it.

1 comment: