Friday, January 21, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: Jacobs, Pipkin New Senate Leaders

I have just been told that Maryland Senate Republicans have elected Nancy Jacobs as their new Minority Leader, and E. J. Pipkin as the new Minority Whip.

Jacobs replaces Senator Allan Kittleman, whose socially moderate ways irked some of the caucus's more conservative members.

Still, if towing the line is what Senate Republicans demand of their leaders, then Pipkin is definitely a curious choice. Pipkin has exhibited his independent streak on a number of occasions. Now that he has the added stature of being a member of the party leadership, I have to imagine we will be seeing more of it in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Since there are 4.5 Republicans in Maryland government anyway, they could have elected Dumbo and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard,

    I realize this is off topic, but I don't know who else to ask.

    Former Governors are traditionally invited to inauguration ceremonies. I didn't see any mention of Ehrlich attending O'Malley's.

    Did he go? If not, was he snubbed by them or did he receive an invitation and decline?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon @ 1/22/11 @ 8:00:

    All I know is the media reported that he did not attend. Not sure why he didn't go. But I'm sure attending would have been awkward for him.

    ReplyDelete