Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our FINAL Monday Night At The Waterfront - No, Really This Time

If you think you've read the following blog entry before, well, you pretty much have.

In December I invited people to join Joe Steffen and I at the Waterfront Hotel in Fells Point to discuss politics and witness the final performance of our favorite local singer, Bonnie Leigh Boswell, at that venerable venue. Well, you responded, and we managed to cobble together a pretty good group that night.

The only thing is, they subsequently extended Bonnie's gig for another month. So, her actual final WTF performance will be this Monday, January 31 starting at around 9:30 or so.

Similarly, this will be my last regular appearance at the WTF. With Bonnie no longer a Monday night staple, I have no real impetus to keep going. Plus, the place is becoming a strange hybrid of the old Waterfront and TGIFridays. In a word...yuck.

So, if you can muster the energy, do join us as we bring a final end to our Monday night tradition. I can't guarantee it will be as dramatic or culturally consequential as the final episode of M*A*S*H, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment