Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thoughts on the "Other" Robocall Trial...

So, last week, the other robocall trial ended with the conviction of Julius Henson.

It is noteworthy that Henson’s co-defendant was convicted of all the standing charges against him (one had been tossed out by the judge), whereas Henson was convicted of one conspiracy charge yet acquitted of the other three counts. I could speculate as to the reasons for this, but I never claimed to be an expert on why juries do what they do.

As I have largely moved on from certain matters in my political past, I honestly didn’t follow this trial as closely as I did the last one.  I wasn't even planning on blogging it, until I heard a story on WBAL Radio refer to Henson as a “Republican political consultant.”

Let me make this point again, people: Both Henson and his convicted cohort were hired gun, Democratic political operatives working for a GOP campaign.

The blame for their hiring, and their subsequent misdeeds, does not rest with “Republicans” generally, but solely with the misguided individuals who hired them - especially in the case of Henson, hired by the Bob Ehrlich campaign despite famously calling its candidate a "Nazi" in 2002 only to be swiftly, correctly fired by the Kathleen Kennedy Townsend campaign as a result. 

Put the blame where it belongs. That is the only message I’d like to leave with you. And, that is the only reason I’m blogging about this robocall matter again.

And, I could not pass up the opportunity to play this song one more time.




No comments:

Post a Comment